What School Could Be Academy
Spring - Summer 2023
presented in partnership with
Certificate in Leading Next Generation Learning
You bring your mission. We take you from concept to action.
The partnership between What School Could Be and the University of Kentucky Center for Next Generation Leadership is excited to offer the Certificate in Leading Next Generation Learning in the Spring of 2023.
The Academy experience is action focused and supports all educators and teams to identify, develop, and implement strategies to strengthen new or existing school-based deeper learning systems. The Academy has partnered with recognized experts and leading educational voices to provide content, expertise, resource curation, and guest session delivery. The Academy will culminate with participant-driven demonstrations of learning.
For: School teams at the local level including the principal, assistant principals, instructional coaches, teacher leaders. Superintendents and district leaders are also encouraged to participate.
A process that works:
• January - April Academy timeline.
• Twelve, 90-minute online meetings with support & coaching offered between sessions.
• A final exhibition and critique from education change agents including Tony Wagner and Ted Dintersmith.
We provide the “how” for your mission:
- Networked leaders.
- Focus on transformation.
- Creating cultural change toward innovation.
- Robust background in student-centered, deeper learning models.
- Real-life examples and guidance from others doing the work.
You choose the path. We support you at each step:
- Identify your unique point of entry.
Will it be your Portrait of a Graduate, student-led conferences, exhibition nights, digital portfolios, project based learning, defenses of learning, multiage, inquiry based learning, passion projects, making and doing, school networks, early college models, or something else?
- Design a specific project.
- Implement that project with fidelity.
- Create a gateway to broad implementation of transformative change.