What Teachers Value
Share this video with groups of educators to remind them of the profound societal importance of their profession, to reinforce their sense of community, and to encourage them to advocate for their students and themselves.
- Why did you choose your profession? How have your original motivations changed over time?
- What expectations did you have at the start of your career? Which have been met? Which haven’t, and why? What are your expectations now?
- How strong an advocate are you for your students? For yourself?
- Where do you find inspiration and strength in your professional life?
- Do you feel trusted and supported to do what’s best for your students? What changes can be made to increase levels of trust and support?